Meals - Southwest Chief

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N.T.

Train Attendant
Just wondering if anyone knows: Does train # 4 - Southwest Chief - serve dinner in the diner on it's departure from LAX (6:15pm)?

Are you traveling in coach or sleeper? If traveling sleeper, all your meals are paid for as part of your fare.

Just wondering if anyone knows: Does train # 4 - Southwest Chief - serve dinner in the diner on it's departure from LAX (6:15pm)?
Yes - I was on #4 last week and an "express dinner" menu was offered (fewer items and the steak entree was replaced by the angus burger). The diner staff seems to try and get everyone fed and out of there so they can have time to prep the car for next morning's breakfast. Matter of fact, all the meals I had on #4 last week were quite good, even the chef's special (chicken fried chicken). That one was so good I ordered it again for dinner that night!

If you're in a sleeper, the SCA should come take your dinner reservation soon after you preboard ahead of the coach pax. If s/he hasn't done so in a timely manner, ask politely if dinner reservations have been taken yet because you don't want to get left off the reservation list. That usually is enough to jog their memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back