MCI J4500

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks to me, Swadian, from all this recent enthusiasm, that the J4500 has replaced the DL3 as your fave...... ;)

I am somewhat surprised, that in the partial redesign of the J, that they didn't change its model number, as in past practice....something akin to "J4505"......?

Last edited by a moderator:
Naw, the DL3 is still my fave, my avatar and sig are still the DL3, right? But the DL3 isn't allowed in California anymore, a somewhat major problem if you are living right by California. As for coaches currently in production, yeah, I'd say my favorite is probably the J4500 followed by H3-45, no longer than guzzler D4505 for sure! Not a fan of the X3-45's window design, I think it was great back in 1976 when the LeMirage was first introduced , not in 2014 anymore.

Bus operator in Louisiana (Lewis Coaches) says the Restyled J4500 is far better than the pre-2013 J4500. Also agreed upon by Peter Pan drivers. So they have got to be pretty dang good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back