Lunch on LSL from BOS?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the Diner is on the New York section, there is no formal lunch. You'll have to go to the Cafe car and pay for something or bring your own. Once the New York section (49) is joined to your train (449), you'll be able to have dinner in the Diner.

Since the Diner is on the New York section, there is no formal lunch. You'll have to go to the Cafe car and pay for something or bring your own. Once the New York section (49) is joined to your train (449), you'll be able to have dinner in the Diner.
How does it work for sleeper pax, where meals are included?

Sleeper passengers are provided lunch in the cafe car. I believe a sandwich or salad was the choice at lunchtime. Or if neither appeals to you, any item from the cafe menu.

My last trip was eastbound, so I do not know the current lunchtime offerings at the moment.

Mike

On 449 After Worcester the cafe will close to coach passengers wishing to purchase items and become open to only sleeping car passengers so the one attendant can do your meal service.

I stand corrected. I was always under the impression that you were on your own with regard to lunch on 449. Thanks for setting me straight.

Last month on the LSL Boston section, I had the cold cut sandwich(heated) in a fancy bun with kettle chips, a roll, choice of drink, and cheesecake with strawberries. It was quite good and filling. The service was attentive from the attendant, also.

Last time MrsFSS and I were on this train the SCA came through, took our lunch orders and then walked all sleeper passengers who wanted lunch down to the lounge car where he had put cloth table coverings on the tables and personally served our meals to us. Quite a nice touch!

Last time MrsFSS and I were on this train the SCA came through, took our lunch orders and then walked all sleeper passengers who wanted lunch down to the lounge car where he had put cloth table coverings on the tables and personally served our meals to us. Quite a nice touch!
That was the procedure when I was on it as well. Our SCA served us.

I haven't ridden the Boston Sleeper but was sitting in the other half of the lounge just riding from WOR-SPG (going back to NYP via the inland route) when this service happened (I wasn't asked to leave much to my surprise) but coach passengers were turned away from purchasing food since I guess it becomes that the LSA acts like the cook and the SCA as the server.

That was the procedure when I was on it as well. Our SCA served us.
Yes, that was true on our recent trip on the westbound LSL. SCA was the server with some help from the cafe car attendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back