Luggage Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wcswingdance

Train Attendant
My mother and i are taking the Wolverine from Michigan to Chicago and connecting to the EB. I know we can check luggage in Chicago on the EB but there is no checked luggage on the Wolverine. Since Amtrak allows 2 carry on bags is that what we will be limited too? I would like to take a small bag for use in the bedroom, a small rolling suitcase also for carry on and then a suitcase to have additional clothes and items in for use in Seattle and on our return trip. Is this possible?

Yes, as long as you can carry them on to the train, and store them in the overhead, then most conductors won't give 3 bags a second glance as long as that third bag for the bedroom is small enough you could call it your "purse/computer bag" since those 2 items don't count in your carry on total.

Thanks for your help. That is the answer I was hoping for! I can now start putting my packing list together. Can't wait for my first overnight train trip!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back