LSL to Vermonter

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyegor

Train Attendant
I've been looking at the map and online but can't figure this one out. Is there a way to connect from the Boston bound LSL to the Vermonter? I'd like to hop the train from Albany to NHV without going through NYP? I've done my share of train travel but can't figure out this connection, if it exists at all. Thanks.

Your connection would be in Springfield, MA. Eastbound LSL scheduled to stop 2:10 PM. SB Vermonter scheduled to leave at 2:50 PM, so Amtrak is not going to guarantee the connection. However, if you miss the Vermonter you could catch 175/165 at 4:05 PM. The Springfield line is slow, over an hour and a half from Springfield to New Haven; it's no wonder Amtrak is pushing you through NYP!

Aargh! I lied - that was the westbound LSL. Eastbound gets to Springfield at 5:48 PM. Your connection would be 169/179 at 7:25 PM, getting you to New Haven at 9:00 PM.

Well, that's another reason to go through NYP. Those times would not work well for me. I can take any of the Empire Service trains and also have several options for the NYP-NHV leg as well. Thanks for figuring it out.

A question about the Vermonter. When it departs Springfield MA to continue northbound to Vermont, how does it leave the station now that the train is on the tracks through Holyoke, Northampton and Greenfield? Back down south and then go north, or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back