LSL Questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

We're a family of 4 - just booked our first Amtrak trip on the LSL from Chicago to Boston. I have a quick. Sorry if it is a repeat.

We have reserved two roomettes. I have heard that you can board early for snacks. Is that true and, if so, how early can you board?

Thanks so much!

Hello,
We're a family of 4 - just booked our first Amtrak trip on the LSL from Chicago to Boston. I have a quick. Sorry if it is a repeat.

We have reserved two roomettes. I have heard that you can board early for snacks. Is that true and, if so, how early can you board?

Thanks so much!
I don't know the exact time. I think I heard someone say maybe as early as 8:00 PM. They have a wine and cheese snack service for sleeper car folks and perhaps some non-alcoholic stuff for the kids, too. Somebody will know the exact time you can board from the Metropolitan Lounge.

From the Amtrak timetable:

"Although Train 48 is scheduled to depart Chicago at 10:00 p.m.,

customers may begin boarding at 8:00 p.m. Sleeping car passengers

are invited to join us for a Welcome Aboard reception to include

complimentary snacks and beverages in the Dining Car before retiring

for the evening as the Lake Shore Limited begins its eastbound journey.

Also, upon boarding, Coach class passengers may purchase food and

beverages from the Lounge Car, which opens at 8:00 p.m."

They typically board the train between 8:00 PM and 8:30 PM, but you must be in the Metropolitan lounge in order to board that early. If you are in the main waiting room, I'm not sure if they will let you board early.

And they have both red & white wine, as well as a non-alcholic cider for the kids and/or those who don't wish to drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back