looking for knowledge

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am Belgian APC and i would like very much to work in the US ( my girlfriend is from US)

Could someone help me out, i really would like to know what an APC/LSA needs to know.

Maybe you are an APC/LSA and if so, maybe you had a training. I really would like to see the information received while the training.

I planned to visit the US (New York) at 17 januar 2006. I still live in Belgium, my mail adress [email protected].

Dear persons who are taking the time to reading this, thank you very much in advance for your efforts. :)

Best Regards,

Gunter

Well let me give you the web address where Amtrak posts its openings for all its jobs, it can be found here. Now as far as what an LSA needs to know from a service aspect you probably already have covered as an APC. But there are numerous FDA requirements as well as the Amtrak Service Standards that you have to know before you begin work. They teach this through a training course, much like they do for a Conductor or Engineer. Now I don't know where your girlfriend lives, but be aware Amtrak only maintains a few crew bases for LSA's, off the top of my head here are the ones I know: Miami, New Orleans, Chicago, Washington, New York, Los Angeles, Oakland, Seattle, possibly Portland, OR. Now there might be one or two that I didn't list, but that's pretty much it. Keep your eyes on the website for openings, or you may want to call Human Resources at 1-877-AMTRAK1 and see if they know of any job oppurtunities that could be coming up. Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Check that again. Back in July there was big debate as Amtrak tried to close both the Albany and Boston crew bases, and I'm 99% sure both went through.

I have been an LSA for Amtrak for two years now. What are you wanting information about, specifically?

I know that they are always hiring for LSA's out of Chicago, it would seem. They just had ANOTHER class of LSA's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back