Live Chat every Sunday, 7PM Eastern

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure its related to all the changes this week; most likely they just didn't set something on the server.

Alas, there is nothing that we can do about it at this point in time. There is no way to reach anyone at Group Builder this late on a Sunday night.

It would seem that our hosts have once again made changes to things without telling the staff. The old chat only seems to work if one has an IRC client. The web version is not working tonight. So we'll have to use the new chat system that we were transitioning to anyhow. It can be found by clicking the "chat" tab at the top of the forum or by using the following link. new chat.

Last edited by a moderator:
A special note to those using Mac's and iPad's to connect with the chat system: It seems that the web browser Safari has some issues with this new chat system. Scrolling doesn't work properly when one uses Safari to connect. So until further notice, I would recommend that those on Mac's and/or iPad's obtain a copy of Google Chrome to use with the chat system.

Link does not work. It may work for you but it does not work for me.

EDIT Got in via the chat button at the top.

The problem we had with chat last Sunday was caused by a rather fundamental issue. The provider of the software that we use for this discussion board - Invision Power Services - removed the chat function from the software effective May 1. We are looking at options to continue chat capability going forward.

Can you just leave an IRC client running or create a new IRC channel and publish the name here on the forum? I guess the trouble would be that many of the people who want to chat don't know how to use IRC on their own?

The problem we had with chat last Sunday was caused by a rather fundamental issue. The provider of the software that we use for this discussion board - Invision Power Services - removed the chat function from the software effective May 1. We are looking at options to continue chat capability going forward.
So Facebook group chat until a long term solution is found?

So Facebook group chat until a long term solution is found?
For now, yes. For those participating on the Facebook group, that is a good option for now.

What Facebook does not offer is an option for those who choose not to use their real names. But most of the rest of us are already friends on Facebook, so let any of us know if you want to participate.

I'm on travel now, but I intend to set up a web front end for an IRV channel that I will make available on one of my servers.

It'll be open for anyone to use, or the IRC client of your choice.

I get home early Sunday morning and will mess with it if I get a chance. If so, I'll publish something here.

Back