Leaving on Monday!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cindylou

Train Attendant
We are catching the SWC in Galesburg on Monday to start our 2nd Amtrak adventure to Florida for a cruise. We'll take the Chief to Chicago, the CL to DC, and then the SM to FTL. Doing the same in reverse in a couple of weeks, except riding the CZ from Chicago back to GBB.

I'm really happy that we're traveling east and south, rather than west, with all the horrible weather from this past week. Here's hoping for good weather and on-time trains!

Thanks for all the good information here!

Cindy

We are catching the SWC in Galesburg on Monday to start our 2nd Amtrak adventure to Florida for a cruise. We'll take the Chief to Chicago, the CL to DC, and then the SM to FTL. Doing the same in reverse in a couple of weeks, except riding the CZ from Chicago back to GBB.
I'm really happy that we're traveling east and south, rather than west, with all the horrible weather from this past week. Here's hoping for good weather and on-time trains!

Thanks for all the good information here!

Cindy
Sounds like a fun trip...have a great time and enjoy the rails!

I hope you have fun! :D

One thing is you said you're taking the CZ back from CHI-GBB. I hope the troubles are clear, but if they cancel the CZ from say CHI-EMY (or even CHI-DEN or OMA), it will not operate CHI-GBB! :eek: But I hope it doesn't happen! At least to GBB, there are other options available also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the well-wishes!

Yes, last year we brought the Chief back from Chicago to Galesburg, but this year I booked the Zephyr, as it would (??) get us to GBB about 90 minutes earlier. Since we still have a 3 hour drive back home from Galesburg, the earlier arrival time of the Zephyr was attractive, but with this winter, who knows?? :blink: Might have been better off sticking with the SWC!

Looking forward to spending some time sightseeing in DC again this year. I'll try to post a trip report when we get back.

Cindy

Back