Layover in Chicago

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And as for hotel accommodations, several recommended Central Loop Hotel (121 Adams) and I found it to be just fine. Quiet, reasonable restaurant and bar. Bathrooms are shower only, but that won't be a minus for most of you. It's walking distance to Union Station assuming roll-along luggage, $5 by cab if not.

Caution - the cabbies have never heard of it because the current name is new. So write down the address and bring it ALONG.

FWIW, I agree the trip west to Greek-town is worth it for the food.

And as for hotel accommodations, several recommended Central Loop Hotel (121 Adams) and I found it to be just fine. Quiet, reasonable restaurant and bar. Bathrooms are shower only, but that won't be a minus for most of you. It's walking distance to Union Station assuming roll-along luggage, $5 by cab if not.

Caution - the cabbies have never heard of it because the current name is new. So write down the address and bring it ALONG.
That's a good place to stop and pee anytime of day or night, too. Just walk in the door, through the lobby to the stairs at the opposite end, down a flight. Do your business and back out.

Hey, you've gotta have a few of these sort of go to places when you're out and about in a town, especially after hours when most other things are closed.

Ok, so I guess I REALLY had to go and got to jumping up and down like a tellitubby...again, again, again, again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back