Lake Shore Limited Consist

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThayerATM

OBS Chief
I've been away for a few months and my memory needs refreshing. Is the Lake Shore Limited still running with a full diner in the New York end? Which end of the train is the New York end, and which end is the Boston end? Where are cars 4920 and 4820 relative to the diner? We'll be getting on the train in Rochester (ROC) headed west, and at the end of the trip getting off in Rochester headed east. Thanks!

Consist information can be found in this older thread: http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/index.php?/topic/32610-line-numbers/

Boston section is at the front. The 20 sleepers are the Boston sleepers. The diner is way in the back. You'll have a long hike.
I was afraid that's what you were going to say. :cool: It's kind of a tradeoff, since we won't have to walk through coach to a smoking getoff just 'cuz the train too long for the platform.

Plase understand that walking through six coach cars at 6:00 AM on my way to breakfast isn't one of my favorite things to do --- stepping over body parts, and watching people drool. :unsure:

But hey --- I can put up with it for a couple of times on a 10 day train-trip.

and watching people drool. :unsure:
Hey I drool at 6 PM too!
laugh.gif
And 2 PM and 10 AM and 7 PM and 11 PM and ... whenever I'm on a train!
t2819.gif

and watching people drool. :unsure:
Hey I drool at 6 PM too!
laugh.gif
And 2 PM and 10 AM and 7 PM and 11 PM and ... whenever I'm on a train!
t2819.gif
Yeah. I do too. :cool: That's why we sleep in a bedroom. :lol:

I just don't enjoy the six car walk, stepping over body parts, on my way to breakfast. It looks like something out of a ghoulish movie.

Enough said.

I will be traveling from Syracuse, NY to Boston round trip in a roomette. Instead of eating in the dining room could I eat my meals in my roomette ?

I will be traveling from Syracuse, NY to Boston round trip in a roomette. Instead of eating in the dining room could I eat my meals in my roomette ?
Sure. Just remember to tip your car attendant for the service. You won't have to pay extra for the food, but you are asking for extra service from your car attendant. :cool:

Sure. Just remember to tip your car attendant for the service. You won't have to pay extra for the food, but you are asking for extra service from your car attendant. :cool:
thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back