July 13-14: New Orleans to Washington D.C.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's strange seeing signs for I-75 this far south.
Having grown up in Florida, I say it's strange seeing signs for I-75 in Michigan. That's too far north! :D

Those Washington, D.C. buses were in Anniston, Alabama, because that happens to be the manufacturing plant for NABI.
I always used to talk about driving on I-75 from start to finish. We came close in 1990; my family drove from Orlando back to Gaylord, MI at the end of spring break.

http://goo.gl/maps/MCCcr
I-75 is all over the place. I live a few miles from KY exit 126 on I-75 and drive on it weekly. Near Cincinnati in northern KY, I-75 is one of the top ten busiest Interstates in the US.

What the heck are Washington Metro buses doing in Anniston, AL?

I'm sure SH will be along presently to explain all.
Amanda and I wanted one for a souvenir. We couldn't give up our train ride back, though, so we hired Swadian. Not a scratch on it; he's a great driver.

Sarah, great trip report! I've done most of this route many times, and you are very observant. I can read it and pretend I wrote it. (I wish.)

I've never been to the LOC, but apparently we were close the other day. I'd love to go inside but I'd probably stay too long. What is the name of your book?

my_book.jpg

I want to go back to the LOC to see where they have a copy of my book stored :) . They supposedly have the copy I sent them for copyright somewhere in the building... Perhaps in the basement :eek: Really enjoying your trip reports. Only three weeks until we head to WAS. Can hardly wait.
I was posting very late....it was Railroad Bill......both avatars are cats.......

Anyway, do you know the name of Railroad Bill's book? (SOMEONE with a cat has written a book.)

I want to go back to the LOC to see where they have a copy of my book stored :) . They supposedly have the copy I sent them for copyright somewhere in the building... Perhaps in the basement :eek: Really enjoying your trip reports. Only three weeks until we head to WAS. Can hardly wait.
I was posting very late....it was Railroad Bill......both avatars are cats.......

Anyway, do you know the name of Railroad Bill's book? (SOMEONE with a cat has written a book.)
"The Rattlesnake and The Ramsey: The History of the Lorain, Ashland & Southern Railroad" 478 pages of pure joy :p

Very enjoyable read, and a good eye for photography.

I will be in WAS myself for a few days from 27th Aug, and probably seeing similar sights!

Glad someone asked about Railroad Bill's book, I was about to do the same... sounds heavy at 478 pages, is it on Kindle? :p

Ed :cool:

Very enjoyable read, and a good eye for photography.

I will be in WAS myself for a few days from 27th Aug, and probably seeing similar sights!

Glad someone asked about Railroad Bill's book, I was about to do the same... sounds heavy at 478 pages, is it on Kindle? :p

Ed :cool:
Sorry we will just miss you all since we will be returning home on the 25th from WAS. Book is on Amazon but not a Kindle book. :)

Back