Joining AGR Program AFTER Booking Ticket? - Noob Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, sorry for that total noob question, but I just booked a multi-city trip for mid-December, but didn't sign up for AGR until after I bought the ticket. Would I still be able to have that trip count for points or am I out of luck?

No problem, just phone and ask to add your AGR number to the reservation.

Actually, if you made the reservation online, it might be possible to change the reservation there (adding the AGR number). They've added a lot of functionality to online reservations recently, so please report back if that works.

Not only can you do that, but if you apply (and receive) the Amtrak Guest Rewards MasterCard, you can transfer the purchase to the new card fro, your old CC. I did it, and earned even more points. Since it was the fall promotion, I ended up getting quadruple points!

I actually signed up for AGR after a trip I took as well. I linked my account -after- I bought the ticket but -before- my trip. I had my ticket ready to call up Amtrak. Low and behold I found the trip and points posted to my account without even having to call! Just make sure you link the Amtrak.com account to your AGR account. They are two separate accounts until you do.

Not only can you do that, but if you apply (and receive) the Amtrak Guest Rewards MasterCard, you can transfer the purchase to the new card fro, your old CC. I did it, and earned even more points. Since it was the fall promotion, I ended up getting quadruple points!
Thanks for the advice, but the last thing I need right now is another credit card! :p

Just by "having the AGR MasterCard in your wallet", you receive a 5% rebate when you redeem your points for a trip! (A 20,000 redemption effectively costs 19,000 points.) You do not even have to ever use the credit card.

Just by "having the AGR MasterCard in your wallet", you receive a 5% rebate when you redeem your points for a trip! (A 20,000 redemption effectively costs 19,000 points.) You do not even have to ever use the credit card.
What? I didn't know that!

Woo hoo!!

e10437.gif

What? I didn't know that!

Woo hoo!!

e10437.gif
Just remember that you have to have the 20,000 points to book the trip. Once booked, 1,000 is returned to your account.

Back