Is Amtrak train #421 and #422 in front of train or rear of train?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about take train #421 and #422 from Chicago to El Paso and return. I know Texas Eagle have two trains. I was wondered if #421 and #422 is in front or rear of train. Do they have to walk thought many coach cars from sleeping car to dining car? Thanks
dry.gif

I believe both 421 and 422 (one coach and one sleeper) are tacked onto the rear of 1 and 2. If I remember right from a 2010 trip, Chicago-LA passengers had to walk through four coaches and the Sightseer Lounge to get to the dining car. It was OK by me; the long hike from the last car helped whet my appetite.

Henry is correct - to an extent!

From CHI to SAS, 421/422 sleeper is placed right ahead of the Dining Car. From SAS west, 421/422 sleeper is the very last car on the train, and a very long hike to the Dining Car!

Slight Correction: The new DAILY Consist on the Eagle from CHI-SAS and SAS-CHI is as follows:

Engine(1)/TransDorm/Coach/Coach/Diner(CCC)/SSL/Coach/Revenue Sleeper! On the 3 days a week that #421/#422 Run between CHI and SAS the Revenue Sleeper and Coach are Cut Out or Added to the Rear of the Train in SAS, makes for Quicker and Easier Switching in the Middle of the Night!

With the Track work going on between STL and CHI, dont think that the #321/#322 Coach is being added to the Consist on the back of the Train as used to be the case? :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back