Hotel in San Antonio

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trainfan

Service Attendant
Can any of you advise me on a Good Hotel in SanAntonio close to the station, I have had great

results following the recomedations of the members of this forum in the past so I Thought

I would try again, also good places to eat !!!!!

Thanks

Trainfan

There is a Days Inn just a few blocks from the station that is very reasonably priced and close to the Riverwalk attractions. It's about a 10 minute walk that is well lighted and usually busy with other pedestrians.

Ok... time to pull up google maps cause my memory is failing.... Staybridge Suites "Sunset Station" is right next to the depot. As OlympianHiawatha said, other hotels are within walking distance, but are closer to the Riverwalk (but many I'm sure offer shuttles to the train station.)

Having walked from the riverwalk to the station before, I personally would stay at the Staybridge if its at all within your price range. The walk is fine in the daytime, I'm not sure if everyone would be completely comfortable with that walk at night, it is well lit though (and rather uniquely lit I might add, walking through the underpass you will be lit by changing lights reminding some of the disco days).

San Antonio has alot to offer, one of my favorite cities... ENJOY!

Ok... time to pull up google maps cause my memory is failing.... Staybridge Suites "Sunset Station" is right next to the depot. As OlympianHiawatha said, other hotels are within walking distance, but are closer to the Riverwalk (but many I'm sure offer shuttles to the train station.)
Having walked from the riverwalk to the station before, I personally would stay at the Staybridge if its at all within your price range. The walk is fine in the daytime, I'm not sure if everyone would be completely comfortable with that walk at night, it is well lit though (and rather uniquely lit I might add, walking through the underpass you will be lit by changing lights reminding some of the disco days).

San Antonio has alot to offer, one of my favorite cities... ENJOY!
I stayed @ Best Western Sunset Suites across the street from the Station, very nice and a good price this summer included breakfast! There's also a Holiday Inn in the other direction about a block to the East that should be comprable in price if not amenities! Plenty of Motels and Hotels around downtown, check out Orbitz/Priceline etc. and also the hotels web sites, sometimes calling direct gets you a better deal than using a website or third party wholesaler! I prefer Orbitz, Ive had great luck with them! Good time of year to visit, bring an umbrella and jacket, its a wet winter down here but usually sunny/warmish days!

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant recommend priceline enough. I'd find the zone that you are looking to stay around and make a lowball bid. If you get accepted, the low amount you saved from booking through another hotel can be used for a breakfast and the taxi run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back