Hotel in Emeryville

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trainfan

Service Attendant
Dose anyone have a good hotel recomendation for a couple nights in Emeryville? Also things to do

for acouple days?I am coming out on the Cz and will take Cs to Sea then back to Chi on the EB sometime

after the first of the year!

Thanks

Trainfan

Dose anyone have a good hotel recomendation for a couple nights in Emeryville? Also things to do

for acouple days?I am coming out on the Cz and will take Cs to Sea then back to Chi on the EB sometime

Thanks

Trainfan
You might want to consider staying in San Francisco :cool: itself, you can make some good hotel deals there if you search! Also Oakland has a few pretty good hotels right by the water, reasonable, close to the Amtrtrak Station in Jack Londonb Square and the ferry is right there! Emeryville basically is the Oakland Bay bridge, a couple of malls, a few hotels and not much else, sort of North Oakland! Google it up, think youll choose the City or Oakland over Emeryville! ;)

There's also a Sheraton and a Hilton within walkable distance. However, if you have days, I second the idea of staying in San Francisco.

It seems silly to spend days gazing at the City by the Bay when you could be in it.

Thanks

Trainfan
We'll be taking the same route and I've booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn San/Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. It's about 0.67 miles from the station. I've never stayed there, but they seem to have all the amenities. What the heck, it's a Hilton. You can't go too far wrong. :cool:

We'll be taking the same route and I've booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn San/Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. It's about 0.67 miles from the station. I've never stayed there, but they seem to have all the amenities. What the heck, it's a Hilton. You can't go too far wrong. :cool:
And HGI is Hilton's more consistant brand too. Pretty much if you've seen one, you've seen them all. But they are decent, typically a few bucks less than a actual Hilton, and if you're an Hilton Honors member you can also earn 500 AGR points in addition to Hilton points for your stay.

Thanks

Trainfan
You might want to consider staying in San Francisco :cool: itself, you can make some good hotel deals there if you search! Also Oakland has a few pretty good hotels right by the water, reasonable, close to the Amtrak Station in Jack London Square and the ferry is right there! Emeryville basically is the Oakland Bay bridge, a couple of malls, a few hotels and not much else, sort of North Oakland! Google it up, think youll choose the City or Oakland over Emeryville! ;)
If you choose the Jack London Square to stay the Ferry to SF is a pleasant ride, and the savings on the Hotel will more than offset the ferry cost, which includes a transfer to the transit system. I stayed at the Jack London Inn for the OTOL Fest and was very happy with the room and service.

Aloha

Thanks

Trainfan
You might want to consider staying in San Francisco :cool: itself, you can make some good hotel deals there if you search! Also Oakland has a few pretty good hotels right by the water, reasonable, close to the Amtrak Station in Jack London Square and the ferry is right there! Emeryville basically is the Oakland Bay bridge, a couple of malls, a few hotels and not much else, sort of North Oakland! Google it up, think youll choose the City or Oakland over Emeryville! ;)
If you choose the Jack London Square to stay the Ferry to SF is a pleasant ride, and the savings on the Hotel will more than offset the ferry cost, which includes a transfer to the transit system. I stayed at the Jack London Inn for the OTOL Fest and was very happy with the room and service.

Aloha
How far to get to Jack London Square for Emeryville? Taxi the best?

Trainfan

Im not a bay Area expert but the Cap Corridor and the San Joaquin trains both run a regular schedule between Oakland and Emeryville, the Coast Starlight also stops at both but of course the Zephyr ends at Emeryville. Its only like 10-15 minutes between the two, not sure about BART, perhaps a native can say if getting off in Richmond will get you to Oakland on BART???? Id say a Taxi shouldnt be necessary!

Thanks

Trainfan
You might want to consider staying in San Francisco
cool.gif
itself, you can make some good hotel deals there if you search! Also Oakland has a few pretty good hotels right by the water, reasonable, close to the Amtrak Station in Jack London Square and the ferry is right there! Emeryville basically is the Oakland Bay bridge, a couple of malls, a few hotels and not much else, sort of North Oakland! Google it up, think youll choose the City or Oakland over Emeryville!
wink.gif

Aloha
The ferry is only a couple of $, I stayed there this past May @ the Waterfront Hotel! Short walk to both the ferry & the station!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/railfreak/sets/72157624167447066/

Have Fun

Aloha

While at the OTOL Fest 3 of us stayed in Jack London Square. The connection to Oakland was easy. Going up to meet the CZ I used the San Joaquin mentioned by Jim Hudson. When I returned I used the Oakland bus connection, this would be an option for you. The walk to the Jack London Inn from the Oakland station was very short, 1.5 blocks I think. the ferry fare page is here. I don't know what is required to add Oakland Emeryvill to your current reservation but as Jim also said the Coast Starlight does Stop in Oakland. If I return to the Area I would stay there again.

Eric

I stay at the Courtyard Inn in Downtown Oakland, it's about a $20 cab ride from Emeryville, but it's only 2 blocks from BART (and a $4 cab ride from Jack London).. There really isn't an "easy" way to get to SF proper from EMY (one of the reasons I don't think that was the ideal place to put an Amtrak terminus) unless you have a car and that opens up a whole different can of worms with tolls and parking in SF.

There really isn't an "easy" way to get to SF proper from EMY
Like the Amtrak Thruway?
I imagine that if you have a lot of luggage it might be a lot of effort to get to the other side of the station. That's one the of the reasons I walk around the side rather than go through....

Thanks

Trainfan
Should you decide on the Woodfin Suites, the GM there, Peter Evenhuis, is a really nice guy. If you tell him that you're interested in watching the trains come in and out of EMY, he will do what he can to place you in a room across from the station. Aside from being the most convenient hotel in Emeryville for catching trains there - just a short walk over the pedestrian bridge to reach the platforms - the hotel is also a fun place to watch trains. Here are some pics from my August CZ trip, all of which were taken from the balcony of my room. Crack a cold beverage and watch the LDs roll in and out at just a stone's throw away. :D

Just get off at Richmond and take BART to SF!! Plenty of hotel options, safer, more to do...

The CS now stops at Richmond - and if the CZ doesn't you can always switch to a San Joaquin or Capitol at Martinez.

Here are some pics from my August CZ trip, all of which were taken from the balcony of my room. Crack a cold beverage and watch the LDs roll in and out at just a stone's throw away. :D
Mahalo. Real nice Pictures. I enjoyed your Smugmug Photo Galleries.

Aloha

Eric

As the General Manager of the Woodfin Suites Hotel, we have had 1,000's of happy Amtrack travellers staying with us. We're literally across the Emeryville train station and if walking 300-400 yards is too much we can shuttle you back and forth (depending on the time of day/night). There are also cabs available for the two minute ride. If you're a train affectionado be sure to ask for the track side and you'll be able to enjoy the sight of many trains as they come past the hotel and station.

Enjoy your travels.

Woodfin Suites Hotel

510-601-5880 or 1-800-966-3346

As the General Manager of the Woodfin Suites Hotel, we have had 1,000's of happy Amtrack travellers staying with us. We're literally across the Emeryville train station and if walking 300-400 yards is too much we can shuttle you back and forth (depending on the time of day/night). There are also cabs available for the two minute ride. If you're a train affectionado be sure to ask for the track side and you'll be able to enjoy the sight of many trains as they come past the hotel and station.

Enjoy your travels.

Woodfin Suites Hotel

510-601-5880 or 1-800-966-3346
Thanx,

I may just take you up on the offer! Do you have an AU Discount?
mosking.gif

RF

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back