HHP8s?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEmpireBuilder

Train Attendant
Hey everyone.

I've seen the HHP-8s in many vids, but have never seen them in real life. What happened to them?

All 15 of Amtrak's HHP-8's are retired and stored in Bear, DE. MARC still has 6 of them in service, but will replace them, along with 4 AEM-7's with 8 Siemens Chargers.

All 15 of Amtrak's HHP-8's are retired and stored in Bear, DE. MARC still has 6 of them in service, but will replace them, along with 4 AEM-7's with 8 Siemens Chargers.
There are only 5 MARC units in service with only two currently available for service. Indeed, MARC has two Amtrak Remans in their pool right now.

I always kind of liked the look of the HHP's. Even though they never passed within a thousand miles of my home. I believe I read that they were serious shop queens.

I always kind of liked the look of the HHP's. Even though they never passed within a thousand miles of my home. I believe I read that they were serious shop queens.
Something about them being overpowered for their weight and having wheel-slip problems, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back