Help planning a trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippyman

Service Attendant
I have been trying to book a trip from FTW, to TCL, via NOL, for the week of September 15th. Everything goes fine, until I get to the page to choose my train, then on the middle leg of the trip, the train always leaves New Orleans, before it arrives. What am I doing wrong here, and is there any way to fix it? Please, help me out here.

I have been trying to book a trip from FTW, to TCL, via NOL, for the week of September 15th. Everything goes fine, until I get to the page to choose my train, then on the middle leg of the trip, the train always leaves New Orleans, before it arrives. What am I doing wrong here, and is there any way to fix it? Please, help me out here.
I believe you always have to stay overnight between trains in NOL. Which isn't a bad thing :)

You'll have to select the following day for your departure from New Orleans.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I figured that part out, I'm taking a 3 part trip now.(a little more adventurous)
cool.gif
Now, my only question is, if my train leaves at 1:45 pm, on 9/26, and arrives at 1:25 pm, on 9/27, how many meals would be included with my ticket?

Ok, I figured that part out, I'm taking a 3 part trip now.(a little more adventurous)
cool.gif
Now, my only question is, if my train leaves at 1:45 pm, on 9/26, and arrives at 1:25 pm, on 9/27, how many meals would be included with my ticket?
Which train specifically? (There might be some variation depending on the train.)

cool.gif
Which train specifically? (There might be some variation depending on the train.)

Texas Eagle #421, btw, whats the difference between #421, and #21?

cool.gif
Looks like you are asking about the Texas Eagle from CHI-FTW (#21/#421/#321, all the same train). You will have dinner between CHI and STL, then breakfast in East Texas and an early lunch around Dallas. If you went on to SAS "dinner" is served @ 4PM since the diner crew gets off in Austin, only cafe food from AUS-SAS.

cool.gif

Texas Eagle #421, btw, whats the difference between #421, and #21?
Its all one train set. #21 is the daily Texas Eagle, CHI-SAS. #321 is the CHI-STL coach only thats cut out (usually)in STL.#421 is the CHI-LAX train that runs three days a week, the sleeper and LAX coach is cut out in SAS,spends the night, then is hooked to the rear of the Sunset Ltd. for the run from SAS-LAX. All meals that are served during your trip are included with a sleeper, the Texas Eagle uses a CCC diner, the Sunset usually has a real diner!

I think it's Amtrak's way of telling you not to go to TCL. :p

Seriously, though, I had a somewhat similar problem once, though I didn't read carefully enough to notice the error. (I saw "Silver," and, quite carelessly, didn't look at the second half of the train's name, or the number for that matter.) When I tried to actually book the trip, the website wouldn't let me.

Last edited by a moderator:
cool.gif
On the Crescent you'll get breakfast out of New Orleans and you might be able to squeeze lunch in if you're in the diner by noon. Again, freebies if you're in the sleeper; on you, if in coach.

Back