Help Identifying an LD Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunder Road

Service Attendant
This past Saturday, then again today, I saw a northbound LD train near CWH on the NEC between at around 2:30 pm. I figure it must be the Star, Meteor, or Crescent. But it had its 2 Viewliners and baggage car on the back. According to TrainWeb, the consist for all three of these trains is to have these cars at the front.

Also, there isn't a train scheduled for that time (going off the PHL and TRE times) and I think it would be an odd coincidence for the same train to be almost the exact number of minutes late on two separate occasions.

So what's going on here?

This past Saturday, then again today, I saw a northbound LD train near CWH on the NEC between at around 2:30 pm. I figure it must be the Star, Meteor, or Crescent. But it had its 2 Viewliners and baggage car on the back. According to TrainWeb, the consist for all three of these trains is to have these cars at the front.

Also, there isn't a train scheduled for that time (going off the PHL and TRE times) and I think it would be an odd coincidence for the same train to be almost the exact number of minutes late on two separate occasions.

So what's going on here?
92-9 departed Philadephia at 1.56 p.m. and Trenton at 2.29 p.m. on 3/10. You can get historic information about each train from the archive section of Amtrak Status Maps.

Right now the Star is running approximately 5 hours early.

The consists of the Star, Meteor and Crescent are reversed in the winter.

jb

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back