Greetings from Zierenberg in Germany

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone

My name is Dirk and i´m a rail fan from Zierenberg near by Kassel in Germany.

Kassel is well known for it´s history in build locomotives,made by Henschel (Now Bombardier)

I found this forum by chance since I figure out my travelling plans for next year.

This will be my second journey outside Germany.

My travel plans are:San Francisco-Seattle-Victoria-Vancouver and back to Seattle.

The alert reader can see that there´s space for travelling by the Coast-Starlight!

So that´s why i´m here to make it short! ;-)

I´ve to read lots of topics now! (Little bit difficult since my English isn´t very well,but i´ll do my best)

Cheers,

Dirk

:hi: Glad to have you join the best forum going, you will be riding some of our best trains if you ride the Coast Starlight and the Talgo from Seattle to Vancouver (a beautiful city, IMO prettier than San Francisco or Seattle, our West Coast is blessed with pretty nice cities!)

Look forward to your contributions from abroad, there is truely lots of knowledge here about not just Amtrak but also trains all over the world! :)

Welcome!
hi.gif

And don't worry about your English not being the best! Neither is mine - and I live in the US!
laugh.gif

Thanks guys!

2 years ago I visited Vancouver,Vancouver-Island and Seattle once already.

That was the first journey outside Germany in my life and since I travelled alone it was a big adventure for me!

Oh,not to mention my adventure with the Malahat on Vancouver-Island.......I think I´ll tell the story elsewhere!
wink.gif

I was absolute thrilled about the Westcoast,so that´s why I´ll come back again!

The biggest difference now is visiting San Francisco.

@GG-1 Very nice pictures!That makes me much more curious about the trip!

Most important for me: The journey is the destination,so i´m looking forward to it!

Guten Tag,

Welcome to Amtrak Unlimited.

I am of German hertiage, my family hailed

from Wurmlingen, Germany, near Tubingen.

We have many relatives there and communicate

by e-mail. My family and I lived in Europe

for 5 years in France and the Netherlands.

We visited Germany often.

I hope you have a good trip to the US.

Hello!

I guess Wurmlingen is a blank spot on my travel-map.....

So it´s about time to visit the Schwäbische Alb since it´s a very nice area!

I´m sure my westcoast journey will be fine!

I´m looking forward to it!

Back