Getting to Inland Empire by train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metro Plaza.....honest review..........I can do that. Stayed there overnight following Coastal Starlight journey, which was over an hour and a half late. Had intended to walk across the street as it seemed so simple.

Now I am a single elderly lady from Australia, and after venturing out into the street, I was confronted by countless homeless people, street gangs and god knows what else. . . . .
Thank you for the information and am sorry for your awful experience. All alone, perhaps close to 11pm in LA and maybe even the day before the welfare checks are handed out - and the homeless with no $ to get whatever keeps them going. A dreadful situation indeed. :eek:

P.S.: Hop you posted a review on Trip Advisor or one of the other similar websites.

Last edited by a moderator:
I settled on Metro Plaza right across from LAUS for my overnight layover. Booked it on Expedia, and was told that I got one of the last few rooms, if not the last, and also was told that it was 88 per cent booked for my selected dates (check in July 12, 1 night only). I wonder as to what caused a full house for that day. Some kind of a conference, or people heading east by train needing to crash for a night? It seems as if when I get a question answered, another one pops up immediately, like what it happened now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back