Following Anniversary Engine #156

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And look at those Domes!
More elsewhere on the Pacific Railroad Society Diamond Jubilee Special over Tehachapi, once I get some uploading issues resolved. That train was a great weekend chase.

Cool vid, Singwith/Snuffy, and I recognize the yard and shop areas near Union Station, but where were those road shots, e.g. the grade crossings? No doubt east of downtown L.A., but where?

1240935104_WwFFJ-L.jpg

Amtrak #156 greets Amtrak California cousin #2005 at Bakersfield station after wying the Pacific Railroad Society excursion train for return to L.A., 4-3-11.

Well I hope it does!

Just hope it doesn't hit any cars this time around!
mosking.gif
ph34r.gif

If it goes on #22, I'll want to film it.

This photo album is now posted with my railfanning trip report "Domes On The Range," and includes a number of shots of #156 leading the Pacific Railroad Society's Diamond Jubilee Special excursion at Bakersfield on 4-3-11. Because not everybody who keeps tabs on this forum is also interested in trip reports I thought I'd post the pics over here as well so's more folks could maybe enjoy 'em. The shots were taken as the excursion train was turned on a wye for the return trip to Los Angeles, then at the Bakersfield Amtrak station prior to boarding. There's some other stuff too, but over half the pics include #156.

PRS Special Gets Wyed, Departs Bakersfield - "Pacific Railroad Society's Diamond Jubilee Special - and other trains - at a Bakersfield wye. The excursion train then returns to the Amtrak Bakersfield station for boarding and departure on the return run to Los Angeles, 4-3-11. Many of these shots feature Amtrak locomotive #156, wearing Phase I-ish paint in recognition of the railroad's 40th anniversary." Comprehensively captioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today it was on North East Regional P095. Saw it passing Jackson Shrine South of Fredericksburg, Va. headed for Newport News.

Was in CHI for National Train Day.

Went west on 5(8). Scheduled to come back east on 6(11).

184 (IV) left Chicago as a trailing unit on Train 3, the westbound Southwest Chief, this afternoon. The lead unit was 117, which, ironically, was the unit pictured for Phase IV in Amtrak's initial press release about the heritage program.

66 (II) and 156 (I) are still in Chicago and from what I've read on another board are scheduled for use on a special train this weekend. No recent word on 145 (III).

(reposted from railroadfan.com)

peter

156 was in Minnesota over the weekend doing the Fall Color run.

33074220717824417261459.jpg

Photo from Facebook. Photo was taken by Maple Spring (Just south of Lake City MN)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back