First trip for a smoker

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smoker

Train Attendant
I will be taking my first trip from Lafayette La to Los Angeles on the Sunset Limited. I know smoking is banned on the train but have been told there are occassional opportunities to step off of the train and smoke. Does anyone have any more detail on what I can expect so I can try to be prepared?

Hello I just returned from a trip out to Calif from Chicago taking the southwest cheif out and zephyr back. I quit smoking one week prior to leaving on my trip. I am so glad I quit as I noticed they do not give many breaks on the cheif and I am not sure If I would have enjoyed my trip. On the Z there seemed to be more breaks . I was very upset when they changed their smoking policy after I bought my tickets as it seems as though Amtrak is hard pressed to get my business and from others due to the cleanliness and lack of repair these trains are in. One of our porters told us Amtrak can not even afford a screw driver aboard to fix anything. I believed him after our experiences aboard. Good luck with the smoking. I am glad I quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back