First power test of Denver Airport RTD

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the 'A' in "A-Line" stood for 'aggravation' on Tuesday as the new light rail line had its first major glitch: a power loss with a train stranded on a bridge.

From KUSA-TV/9NEWS [video, 3:56]:

81 passengers evacuated from commuter train

http://www.9news.com/weather/81-passengers-evacuated-from-commuter-train/214163248
This is pretty common when "New" technology is first placed in service."Bugs" have to be worked out of all new systems.
The Trams @ DFW ( Airport) were notorious for stopping underground and going dark when the Airport first opened and of course Kansas,er Denver International had the infamous "Eat your Luggage System. "
Oh yes, I remember those thrilling days of yesteryear when they introduced the HHP8 electric locos on the NEC.

Last edited by a moderator:
The cause was a "broken wire" per the news articles. But, was that a "broken wire" in the passenger vehicle, or one in the electrical delivery system (catenary)? If its the later, that speaks to a much larger issue in my humble opinion.

The cause was a "broken wire" per the news articles. But, was that a "broken wire" in the passenger vehicle, or one in the electrical delivery system (catenary)? If its the later, that speaks to a much larger issue in my humble opinion.
I believe the story I read indicated it was a subcontractor doing work. So the later, but not likely due to a fault with the system.

Latest posts

Back