First Class Lounge to open in LA Union Station?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week while in the main waiting room waiting for the Sunset Limited, noticed a section taped off and cushions pulled up. Is there a refurbishing project beginning that is related to posting of new hours? Or perhaps, they were just collecting "pocket change" from under the cushions!
Dang! Boardman sure has taken maximizing revenue to a new level! :eek:

James Hill might have even been able to learn something from him! :p
Ive watched the Homeless in LAX doing this since this is one of the Few (if only?) Stations that has Cushions in their Waiting Room Furnmiture! (I dont think Lounges Count, I havent seen any people in Suits looking for Change in any Lounge! :giggle: )

Any new information regarding the opening of the new first class lounge at Union Station LAX ?

I was in LAX on the 17th of August & in CUS on the 26th. When I inquired about the new lounges the reponse was about the same!!!!!! Laughter, Doubt,Who Knows, Depends On Who You Ask, I'll Believe It When I See It, ETC ......

Last edited by a moderator:
It ain't that comprehensive, but FWIW, here are a couple photos I took when I visited the new lounge on September 25. From what I hear, at least some of this furniture is rented and will be replaced with permanent furniture sometime soon, after which a formal grand opening will be held.

I was in this Lounge Wed. Night on the "Short Way" home from the Gathering. It definitely needs signs (t

emporary till the real ones arrive)! It is nice but already to small! Also there was a shortage of redcaps and carts for the 10pm boarding of the Sunset Ltd. Not sure if the other LD trains have this problem? It is a big improvement over the Traxx Lounge and once it is finished they can look @ecpanding it spacewise!

I think this is still considered a "soft opening." Once things are up and running and the real furniture arrives, they will add signage and have an official opening.

The Redcap informed me the lounge will be housed in a former gym/weight room on the second floor.
According to a Facebook post, the employee gym is now open again, in a new location in the crew base.

10259751_680281728684421_1626884641970428379_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back