Final questions before my trip tomorrow...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goodcow

Train Attendant
1. Can somebody clarify the two-piece carry on limit in terms of laptops not counting towards it? If I have a roll-on, a duffel bag, and a backpack, but the backpack is specifically made to carry a laptop (but will have other items in it as well), is this over the two-piece limit?

amtrak_aug07_leg1.png

2. Since I'll be traveling alone and not in a sleeper, how much do I really have to worry about my stuff being safe overnight as I sleep? The carry-on and duffel bag will be locked, but what about the backpack with my laptop? Should I basically just hug it as I sleep, or keep it between my legs or something overnight?

3. The bus carry-on rules are the same as rail carry-on, right?

4. How does a lounge car compare to a snack car in terms of food options?

amtrak_aug07_leg2_ohio_pt1.png

5. Anything to know about the Blue Water?

6. Leaving my roll-on and duffel bag with Amtrak check-in: this is safe, right? How far in advance should I arrive back at the station to get my luggage in time to board the Capitol Limited?

7. The LSL will apparently have outlets in coach, from my asking a month or two ago, unless this is wrong. What about the Capitol Limited?

amtrak_aug07_leg2_ohio_pt2.png

8. Anything to know about the Pennsylvanian?

Thanks.

Computer bag / backpack should not count. I would have it under my legs or between me and window if you have a window seat and have the straps wrapped around the armrest in a way it would not be east to move. Can't really say for these trains, but for the San Jouquins if you can pick it all up at the same time, you can take it with you. (And even sometimes when you can't.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back