Employment Perspectives at AMTRAK?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know if it's possible to live in Philly and work out of NY, Harrisburg, DC as a conductor? Is it possible to park at 30th street or Wilmington DE hop the train then work out of those places?
Short answer is Yes and No. Yes you can live in the Philly area and work out of NYP, WAS, or HAR. But keep in mind that for the first 5 or 6 years of your career you will be on call on the Extra Board and must arrive with in a 2 hour call time.

I can suggest if you live in the Philadelphia area applying to Conrail Shared Assets when they are taking applications for Freight Conductor. Usually March or April. I had 2 interviews with them last year and didn't get hired. But re applied this year and took the testing session didn't get an interview but still applied and took their test.

Hello! Can an ex-felon get hired as a coach cleaner? I'm in Seattle and my conviction was from the late 1990's.

Hello! Don't know if my previous question made it, so will ask again. I'm in the Seattle area. Can an ex-felon get hired as a Coach Cleaner for Amtrak? My conviction goes back to the late 1990's. I've done well and have had zero problems, and have even been invited to speak in the prisons. Does this past incident forever exclude me from working for Amtrak? I assumed that Coach Cleaner in the yard would be a perfect place to work, as I did this for a short time before my felony conviction.

Perhaps if we knew what your felony conviction was for it might make it easier for someone to answer!

It' s a pretty safe bet that if it was for drugs, a sexual offense, theft, weapons offense or violence you won't be hired!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know Amtrak's policies.

If you have a felony conviction for something which *isn't a crime any more* (there are a startling number of these related to former draconian drug laws which have been repealed), you would probably benefit from getting it 'expunged', which is possible in many states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back