empire builder-Wolverine-Seattle to Dearborn

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are travelling on the Empire from Seattle to Dearborn in September. Curious about hotels in Dearborn. Does anybody have any suggestions?

If you can afford it, I'm partial to the Hyatt Regency Dearborn. I was there for an anime convention last October and loved everything about the hotel. For September, best available rate seems to be $164 per night for Friday and Saturdays, though, and $224 per night Sunday through Thursday.

If you can afford it, I'm partial to the Hyatt Regency Dearborn. I was there for an anime convention last October and loved everything about the hotel. For September, best available rate seems to be $164 per night for Friday and Saturdays, though, and $224 per night Sunday through Thursday.
Kind of pricey. Do you know anything about the Doubletree? Is it a safe place to walk at all?

Doubletree Hotel -

I have stayed in that hotel for the last few years for an event. The hotel is alright inside but not in a great area. Probably ok to walk around during the day but I would not walk around outside at night. There is a Wendy's and, I think, a Chili's near by. There is a Red Robin about a block away.

I wish I could recommend a better hotel but I am not familiar with the other hotels in the area.

Dearborn isn't the worst place on the line you could get off in and stay the night... However I would say the safest stop near Dearborn to stay would be Ann Arbor; it is still about 30-45min drive from Dearborn; but definitely a nicer town.

The Hampton, Marriott & Quality are the 3 closest chains to th-err no that is the Greenfield Village stop. Towne Place is the closest Hotel to the station. I can't really provide mu more info about Dearborn as the only times I go there is to go to Greenfield Village (which has its own Amtrak stop) and so I really can't say.

peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back