Empire Builder which is better Verizon or Sprint

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RRrich

Conductor
I will be getting an unlocked MIFI card - for the EB (and the CS & the CZ) should I run it on Sprint or Verizon.

What has been your experience with those two providers & data connections?

I will be getting an unlocked MIFI card - for the EB (and the CS & the CZ) should I run it on Sprint or Verizon.
I can only speak for Sprint voice service. Basically through most of Montana, there isn't any Sprint service. There is service in Havre, and some Shelby-Cut Bank, and around Whitefish. Otherwise, it is pretty much in roaming.

I have been cross-country several times with my Sprint broadband card. Except for the really isolated regions, I've been impressed with the seamless connection I've had with Sprint. Connection speeds vary from place to place, but it is usually fast enough for streaming radio and web-access. If your plan has roaming penalties, be sure your connection has roaming disabled. I've had no experience with Verizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back