Easter Trip on the Empire Builder

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ispolkom

Engineer
I just returned from a quick trip on the Empire Builder, St. Paul - Minot - St. Paul. I was really pleased by the experience. The trains were early in both directions. The sleeping car attendants were friendly and hard working. Breakfast in both directions was just fine, and on the return trip I even got the choice of French toast or pancakes. Heck, for the first time in more than 30 years of riding Amtrak I actually saw a conductor sell a sleeper upgrade.

Both roomettes were in excellent conditions, with fewer rattles and squeaks than usual.

I like taking the train, and my needs are pretty basic, so I am usually satisfied by Amtrak. This time I was really impressed by what I got, especially for a low-bucket price.

Ispolkom said:
1334007247[/url]' post='359617']I just returned from a quick trip on the Empire Builder, St. Paul - Minot - St. Paul. I was really pleased by the experience. The trains were early in both directions. The sleeping car attendants were friendly and hard working. Breakfast in both directions was just fine, and on the return trip I even got the choice of French toast or pancakes. Heck, for the first time in more than 30 years of riding Amtrak I actually saw a conductor sell a sleeper upgrade.

Both roomettes were in excellent conditions, with fewer rattles and squeaks than usual.

I like taking the train, and my needs are pretty basic, so I am usually satisfied by Amtrak. This time I was really impressed by what I got, especially for a low-bucket price.
We will be traveling this May from Holland, Mi on the Southwest Chief to the Grand Canyon, then to LA on the Coast Starlight to Seattle, then on the Empire Builder back to Holland,Mi. Trains are the only way to travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back