do people book roomettes for really short morning trips?(2 to 6 hours)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many days that being able to close that roomette door is priceless. I would happily pay another $20-40 for the extra comfort, the door, and a meal. Plus, if you're in certain cities, you get lounge access.
I assume lounge access is only at departure cities and not at arrival cities? What if I'm arriving on a train as a sleeping car passenger and connecting to a train that has no sleeping cars? Will I still be able to get access to the lounge at those cities?

Thanks!

Amtrak should more aggressively sell the Sleeper accommodation that opens up south of Orlando on both trains. At present almost no one except the rail geeks are even aware of the possibility, and the Sleeper accommodation runs a third to half empty south of Orlando.

There are many days that being able to close that roomette door is priceless. I would happily pay another $20-40 for the extra comfort, the door, and a meal. Plus, if you're in certain cities, you get lounge access.
I assume lounge access is only at departure cities and not at arrival cities? What if I'm arriving on a train as a sleeping car passenger and connecting to a train that has no sleeping cars? Will I still be able to get access to the lounge at those cities?

Thanks!
Contrary to some misinformation posted here in the recent past, you do have access to lounge accommodation when you arrive by Sleeper and connect to a Coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used a sleeper on the Star from Columbia to Cary trip that's almost four hours. That was back when I was engaged going to meet her mother. The extra few hours of sleep for her were nice. Me I was glued to the window so I didn't sleep.

1) If you have other trains on your reservation, they could be cancelled as you will be a "no show"

2) If you're an AGR member, you won't get your points.
my most recent ride was on the LSL. The conductor said his scanner thingy was

broken or lost connection when I boarded at an unmanned Amtrak station, so he just

just showed me and a couple of other passengers to our seats. He didn't even

look at our e-ticket printout and just asked where our final destinations were.

I was connectings to another train at Buffalo Depew... since my ticket couldn't

be scanned by the conductor, was there a chance that my seat or room on the

connection could get cancelled? (fortunately, it wasn't... but my connecting train

was 100% full when I boarded it at BUF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back