Disappointed in Viarail Canadian pricing

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confirmed with VIA -- the sale does include sleepers, but on their long haul routes it's 50% off peak season fares. Since most of us here on AU seem to be interested in sleepers on the Canadian, it's still a giant sucks-to-be-you for us.

I have not checked the VIA website, but this morning I received an email from VIA announcing a 50% off sale. :)
Don't be disappointed to find that the fares for the Canadian are no cheaper than those on the Express Deals site.

Thanks Penny!!! :lol:

Just got off the phone with VIA and was successful in upgrading to a Cabin for 2 on our trip this February, from our original reservation of a shared lower berth. And it only cost an additional $20 from what we'd already paid!

Would not have known about the 50% off sale without your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

It seems that the "express deals" are flexible, being "up to" 75% off... I took the Canadian in a single berth room last summer from Toronto to Vancouver, and had a great trip, the fare I paid was $575 Canadian, which I thought was a great price, including good food and even champaign!

I hope to see a similar fare again, or it will be coast to coast on the Empire Builder instead!

Ed :cool:

Thanks Penny!!! :lol:

Just got off the phone with VIA and was successful in upgrading to a Cabin for 2 on our trip this February, from our original reservation of a shared lower berth. And it only cost an additional $20 from what we'd already paid!

Would not have known about the 50% off sale without your post.

Now THERE is a good deal!

Back