Denver

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are taking the California Zephyr. Somewhere I thought that I read that we have to get off the train in Denver while it is in the station, then re-board when it is ready to go on. Is that true? I am hoping to eat, and then get good seats in the sightseer lounge for the trip through the mountains!

no, you are not required to get off in Denver as far as I know. I would grab an early breakfast and head to the sightseer lounge as per your plan.

We are taking the California Zephyr. Somewhere I thought that I read that we have to get off the train in Denver while it is in the station, then re-board when it is ready to go on. Is that true? I am hoping to eat, and then get good seats in the sightseer lounge for the trip through the mountains!
This is not the case. You will be able to stay onboard the train for the entire duration of your trip, if that is what you would like. It sounds like a very good plan to finish eating before the train arrives, because those seats can and WILL be snatched up fast, especially in the summer! You will want to have a seat within 10 minutes of the Denver stop.

It's just that before when the CZ went to Union Station, many got off just to see the station. But as stated, you do not have to get off if you don't want to. And grabbing a seat in the SSL is a good idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back