Delayed Train-Forced out of Met Lounge at CHI?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, they aren't. As I said, I liked it and used it. When killing time between trains, now I carry my laptop/case, didn't before. Not sure if I can make a business case for it though
Same here. I'd prefer to check my laptop/peripherals case, it's easier to roam around without it.

A possible thought would be to offer lounge eligible passengers comp storage at baggage for some amount of packages or bags. It is already there and manned.
They do that at Sacramento -- not comped though. $4 per bag IIRC. It's not a system wide policy? OTOH, if you're transferring between trains with a roll up bike, you can store your bike for no additional charge. That's after you've paid $40 for the privilege.
Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Amtrak Forum mobile app

A possible thought would be to offer lounge eligible passengers comp storage at baggage for some amount of packages or bags. It is already there and manned.
They do that at Sacramento -- not comped though. $4 per bag IIRC. It's not a system wide policy? OTOH, if you're transferring between trains with a roll up bike, you can store your bike for no additional charge. That's after you've paid $40 for the privilege.
In Sacramento, my experience has been that the $4 charge is waved for Sleeping Car passengers. They will, however, charge Coach passengers.

In Sacramento, my experience has been that the $4 charge is waved for Sleeping Car passengers. They will, however, charge Coach passengers.
Same here.

Over the last few years when I have used what's apparently now called 'Parcel Check', at SAC they waived the now $5, per bag, per 24 hrs, charge.

I would bet they not only do that for sleeper ticket holders but for biz class ticket holders too.

https://www.amtrak.com/onboard/baggage-policy/at-station-baggage-services.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I would argue CUS is the hub of Amtrak's long distance passenger service--more LD trains depart and arrive at CUS than at any other station, and the way the system works, to travel across the USA, you have to transfer in CHI (Crescent-SL excepted).

Hence it makes sense for CUS to offer unique services, especially those geared to LD travelers, like e.g. showers, checked (staffed) luggage rooms, and enhanced lounges (that stay open until the last LD train of the day has departed, whenever that may be!).

Yes, but do they stay open until the last train leaves?
default_huh.png

I paid five bucks in Dallas. Wasn't thrilled, but it let me escape the station for a while.

Back