CZ 5 hours late in Nebraska today 7/13. Is Penny Lost Again?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had my shower and very hearty breakfast. I think I am ready to go. I think we have about 30 separate light rail segments. I am not looking forward to being out and about in 100 degree heat. Central Florida does not get that hot. Yes, I know it is "dry" heat. :lol:
;-) ON

What, 100 not enough? Come to RDD, we're expecting 114 this afternoon, was 112 yesterday...

;-) OFF

Anyone in the group wearing anything distinctive? Ill try and keep a lookout for you on the platforms.

What happened to the Zephyr again today? It started 2 hr 48 minutes late from Chicago but then gathered 3 more hours of delay along the way and is now over 6 hours late, and not reached Denver yet.

Looking at how this is a daily occurrence now, and not one-off service disruptions, I am *this* close to selecting the Cancel Tickets option for my entire group, planned to take the Zephyr early next month. Unfortunately, while we all are railfans, none of us are retirees who can afford "oh more delays means more train time, more fun" line of thinking.

Anyone in the group wearing anything distinctive? Ill try and keep a lookout for you on the platforms.
Penny will probably have her famous yoga pants on and since its 100 there she'll leave the jacket and sweater @ the hotel! LOL. Most of the others will probably have Amtrak Caps, shirts etc and have Cameras for picture taking!

Alan is tall and is wearing an Amtrak cap. I am short and will be wearing a white Disney marathon cap, blue jean skirt, white tank, vibram shoes. We will be the people that are looking warm.

Our itinerary changed a bit. Shorter lunch and moved everything up 30 min.

If I see you guys ill get your attention. Still looks doubtfull with the updated times though. Hope you guys are having fun riding the system, those 70's have pretty good AC.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are on the S line right now. The ac is working very well.

I saw you guys boarding. I was northbound, I mentioned AU over the external but I bet it was drowned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back