Cuts to Midwest Service beginning in October?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtabern

Conductor
Does anyone know if they will keep all the Midwest trains with the new October timetable?

I remember a deal being struck between Amtrak and CN for the new CHI-STL route for only 1 year?

I've enjoyed the extra trains... but do you think they will extend the deal... or has it been extended already?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how much funding from the extra trains comes from the State. With the budget in OT AFAIK there may be some cuts?

This July I was in Illinois. They jacked up the price of gas $.50 in one day. Gas prices were the highest in the nation. Hold onto your wallets here it comes again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got back from Chicago last week and it seems the state of Illinois is in gridlock trying to pass a brand new budget for the year according to the Chicago Tribune. I mean things are going to get cut like CTA improvements on the L and quite possibly the brand new Illinois service that got started last year.

I do want to point out that the state of Illinois is marketing the new services at the visitor centers across the state. I just wished the Ohio Assembly and good old Ted Strickland (our governor) would give Amtrak funds to hopefully start Cincinnati-Middletown-Dayton-Springfield-Columbus-Delaware-Crestline-Hopkins-Cleveland service and even Youngstown-Canton-Akron-Cleveland service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back