Considering a Points Run/Joyride from Chicago on a Saturday

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunder Road

Service Attendant
My CL doesn't leave until 6:10pm, but we have to be out of the dorms before noon. I'm going to try to "do Chicago" with a few other friends first, but if that falls through, I might consider going in early in the morning and doing a joyride roundtrip somewhere.

Any of the midwest corridor trains more interesting than the others?

On sheer points-for-money, Chicago-Glenview-Chicago is always a fun option (200 points plus any status bonuses for $18 less any discounts). It's not much for scenery (just suburban Chicago), but it's solid on point value.

On sheer points-for-money, Chicago-Glenview-Chicago is always a fun option (200 points plus any status bonuses for $18 less any discounts). It's not much for scenery (just suburban Chicago), but it's solid on point value.
I asked the exact same question as the OP a year or so ago. Anderson's response was the general consensus among forum members. Look at the Hiawatha schedule and pick a time that satisfies your itinerary. While you wait for the return train to CHI you can hang out at Grandpa's for a bite to eat and /or drink(s). This establishment was recommended by several forum members while you wait for the train. It is adjacent to the station stop.

Good ideas, thanks!

I was hoping for something a little longer than just to Glenview though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back