Compromised AGR Mastercard

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of years ago I was in line to check into a cruise in Ft. Lauderdale, FL when I received a call

on my cell phone from Chase. I was asked if I was trying to purchase train tickets in Germany. I said

no and Chase immediately cancelled my credit card. Luckily, I had another credit card to use for the

cruise and when I arrived home, I had a new card in the mail.

This must have been a relatively low risk break. It took them almost two weeks to send me the new card after their mail notification. Of course in the mean time there was no evidence of any out of the ordinary activity on the card either. Just a bunch of new Amtrak reservations :) and all for me too!

This must have been a relatively low risk break. It took them almost two weeks to send me the new card after their mail notification. Of course in the mean time there was no evidence of any out of the ordinary activity on the card either. Just a bunch of new Amtrak reservations :) and all for me too!
When I got called on Black Friday 3 yrs, ago to ask if I was on a spending spree(uh no!) they cancelled the card immediately and I was shocked when a new card was delivered the next morning, They overnighted it. Since we were using the card to pay everything, I guess they didn't want to miss out on any merchant fees. :)

When I got called on Black Friday 3 yrs, ago to ask if I was on a spending spree(uh no!) they cancelled the card immediately and I was shocked when a new card was delivered the next morning, They overnighted it. Since we were using the card to pay everything, I guess they didn't want to miss out on any merchant fees. :)
yeah, I never lost the use of a card and there was no real damage done to my card. So all is good. They did once replace by United Presidential Plus Card overnight resulting from a breach that they noticed and verified with me and cancelled the card, all in a matter of an hour. I had the new card the next day. They are really good.

Back