Collision and Derailment in Penn Station 3/24/17, 10:08am

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
Easyyyyyyy there. Don't go throwing theories out there. Especially stop signal violations!!!
Your signature states "These are my posts and opinions". Well these are my posts and opinions. Is there a problem with that?
Same old Joe.....
And you are...?
Someone who does not jump to conclusions.
And I know you. How many groups have you been kicked off of?
Ah looking to be confrontational I see. There is a difference between speculation and conclusion. Look it up.

MODERATOR NOTE: please keep on topic and avoid personal attacks. Thank you.

Easyyyyyyy there. Don't go throwing theories out there. Especially stop signal violations!!!
Your signature states "These are my posts and opinions". Well these are my posts and opinions. Is there a problem with that?
Yes it does.. But as someone who works for the railroad.. Speculation especially about stop signal violations.. That gets not only me ticked off, but others as well... Learn the job then tell me about speculation. FACTS PLEASE! NOT SPECULATION!

I should also add that you even used the word speculation.. Then went on to say oh the gauge was too wide.. So which is it MR. NTSB inspector?

Last edited by a moderator:
In case anyone is interested. Our very own Triley reported on the book of face aka Facebook that he was on 151 early this morning and unaffected by this.
I didn't even think of posting on here that I was safe, even though it is a Boston crewed train and I have indeed worked that job many times before.

What is weird is I was going to meet 2151 in DC because I owe the employee in charge in the First Class car $5 (when I worked with him in January I found an extra $10 in my pocket I didn't split with him.)

Other weird thing is...I think that is LSA is bad luck. He also was on the old Night Owl back when it wrecked in Back Bay in the 90s I think it was? (Tom/OBS, yes the EIC was Ed, and from what I heard he was fine!)

They did not go to GCT, they discharged passengers at Spuyten Duyvil to be transferred to MN train. after getting Pilot the amtrak trains went to Mott Haven Jct to be wyeed and were used for north bound trains.

Currently service to NYP has been restored.
Glad to hear the mess is cleaned up, but I'm wondering if delays will be present due to track work now. I'm working 150 in about 2 hours, and it'd be nice to get through relatively on-time.

you seem to have it wrong as it was track condition and a car in middle of the Acela derailed.
Dutch, who is "you"? There are quite a few posters in the topic.
It was the Cafe car from what I heard, and the door was somehow sheared off.

And I think Dutch was referring to Casey Jones.

According to a post on Facebook post with pictures, trains 243 and 244 did operate out of GCT. The train was on Track 38 and listed on the Hudson Line Departure board. It appeared to have a locomotive on each end, one in Phase III and one in Phase V.

Great coverage of a rare event... thanks for posting that link! :)

Must have been a bit smoky on that platform, and in the Park Avenue tunnels with those diesel's...

Wow. How long are Empire Service trains usually? I'm counting ten cars visible.

(And...I really wish I'd had the money to throw away on a flight to Albany this morning.)

Wow. How long are Empire Service trains usually? I'm counting ten cars visible.

(And...I really wish I'd had the money to throw away on a flight to Albany this morning.)
It's two sets of equipment put together. They range anywhere from 5-6 coaches from my quick check of consists that were running on Thursday. 4-5 coach cars, and 1 split cafe/business, with the cafe portion not in service if the train originates/terminates in Albany.

The set pictured consisted of: 1 P32, 4 coaches, 2 split cafes, 4 coaches, 1 P32. No clue what cars were in service, and what was deadheading, if any.

Back