Coach seats on LD trains

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Editing to say that I just noticed the OP was by June. Since you use a cane, I'd suggest at least looking into getting the accessible unit where possible. In our experience there was a good price break (especially with meals included in the price) and it really made it easier for my mobility-limited hubby to travel, as well as being very nice for me, too.
I am hoping that I can schedule the accessible unit on my trips. I have decided why waste it on one trip and have made it so I have several trips scheduled throughout the year.

Superliner coach seats have quite a bit of room but I have never been able to sleep (as opposed to dozing off for a few minutes) unless I am able to lie down flat. A few years ago I brought a pad and sleeping bag and waited until late (after 11PM) then camped out on the floor of the observation car. As long as you are up and out of there early (5-6AM) I never had a problem.

Superliner coach seats have quite a bit of room but I have never been able to sleep (as opposed to dozing off for a few minutes) unless I am able to lie down flat. A few years ago I brought a pad and sleeping bag and waited until late (after 11PM) then camped out on the floor of the observation car. As long as you are up and out of there early (5-6AM) I never had a problem.
I agree. they are easy to doze off in but not very good for a real LD trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back