Clearwater / St Pete Bus Station on Sundays?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jshell

Train Attendant
I'm departing out of the Clearwater/St Pete bus station on Sunday to connect with the Silver Meteor in Orlando. I didn't expect the station/stop/whatever to have any services but was pleasantly surprised to see it listed as doing checked baggage. But then I looked at the "Hours" page and Sunday is marked as 'Closed'.

What impact does this have? I do have a couple of large (but not oversized) hard cases and was planning to check those all the way to Salt Lake, but this is my first time checking baggage and first time doing the bus connection outside of San Francisco. I assume there's luggage area under the bus. Will I just be checking my bags in Orlando instead?

Does this mean there's no waiting room on Sundays?

Thanks

No waiting room on Sunday. Since our daughter drops us off when we leave out of St Pete(only when forced to take the meteor rather than the star) we wait in her car till the bus arrives. The driver will stow your bags and you can check them in Orlando.

Do you still need a paper ticket for this bus? If so and you don't have it, you will need to stop by earlier than sunday to pick it up. I haven't had to leave from St. Pete since e-ticketing started.

Apparently you do still need paper tickets when a bus is involved, as Amtrak gave me no e-ticket option when purchasing this trip. But I made my reservations weeks ago and have my tickets. I always worry about misplacing paper tickets. It was much easier on my trip last spring that could all be done out of Passbook on my phone! (Flight, trains, and baseball games!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back