Chicago Metropolitan Lounge Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nora_roan

Train Attendant
I will be traveling on the Capitol Limited from Cumberland MD in a roomette and arriving at Union Station in Chicago for a long layover after which I will be on the Southwest Chief in coach seating for the short remainder of my trip to Fort Madison Iowa. (Reverse for return trip home.) Since I'll only be riding in a roomette for the longer parts of my journey will I still be able to enter the Metropolitain lounge in Chicago? I have heard mixed reports on other sites, some say you have to be a sleeper passenger on both trains. Others say as long as you have a sleeping compartment on one train or the other of your trip then you can enter the lounge. Any insight here is appreciated. Have never taken a train trip before, will be traveling alone, and the idea of wandering Union Station for hours horrifies me. I want to be in the lounge...

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you may use the lounge if you have a same day ticket for a sleeper.

Oh good, very happy to know I can get into the lounge! Thanks for letting me know. :)

Enjoy Ft. Madison... a lovely little town! I used to live there in the late 60's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back