Change means cancel

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amtrak may be thinking about a fee to use a "live' agent instead of using on-line system.. most airlines charge $25 for phone call reservations and $35 for reservations made at the airport, so Anderson may carry this over to Amtrak.

Airlines have introduced a variety of new fees for optional services and existing fees over the past decade, a GAO report focuses on changes to checked baggage fees and change/cancellation fees. According to this report, the revenue the major U.S. airlines made from these two fees increased from $6.3 billion in 2010 to $7.1 billion in 2016.

Why wouldn't Anderson look to increase revenue by the introduction of additional fees.
Is this a quote from an article, or did your typeface end up funky on its own?

I'm curious to know the source.

I was typing and some how hit the font, then tried to reverse and made it worse. I was quoting figures from the GAO report on Airline Charges, but the text is me.
I see. Would have ideally liked to see the source, just to get it straight from the horses mouth. Could you post a link?

The best argument for why Anderson might be reticent to impose a reservation fee is that there's a reason (I'm not entirely sure what the reason is, but it's there) that Delta ditched this particular fee. I suspect it came down to there being so many situations where the website was having issues of some sort or another that the fee became tricky to impose reliably (since as a rule, if you can't do X on the website the phone call fee is waived). By the same token, charging to use the in-station agent gets tricky since sometimes the Quik-Trak machine can be more than a little finnicky.

Back