CBS News Video

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While it is great that coverage has been steadily increasing, I would like to know where they got those figures from.

AFAIK, this story didn't broadcast on OTA TV on a number of CBS stations -- the golf match before it ran over.

IIRC, MT and PT CBS stations got to see it OTA. Good thing CBS News put it up on their website.

That's a nice little piece.

Using the Acela against fast trains in parts of Europe is a great comparison. The problem is Amtrak has to be more than just the shorter trips and really theres not much of a comparison there.

Nice to see that congressman singing Amtrak's praises :)

Excellent story! I got an unexpected day off today and went to the local greasy spoon "cafe". In walked two guys that I'm friends with and one guy I have seen sparingly over the last two years. We got to talking and he said, "Al, your always off doing something or going somewhere, where is your next trip?" I told him "Chicago". His daughter goes to school at Northwestern and he proceeded to tell me how much he HATES driving to see her, navigating Chicago etc. I told him, "take Amtrak, thats how I go to CHI and it drops you off downtown and then take the purple line to Northwestern." He immediately said, "I've taken Amtrak to GSC and have never thought of taking it to CHI, it WOULD BE so much more simpler!" So, I think the next time his wife and him go to CHI, he's going to take the CZ.

Excellent story! I got an unexpected day off today and went to the local greasy spoon "cafe". In walked two guys that I'm friends with and one guy I have seen sparingly over the last two years. We got to talking and he said, "Al, your always off doing something or going somewhere, where is your next trip?" I told him "Chicago". His daughter goes to school at Northwestern and he proceeded to tell me how much he HATES driving to see her, navigating Chicago etc. I told him, "take Amtrak, thats how I go to CHI and it drops you off downtown and then take the purple line to Northwestern." He immediately said, "I've taken Amtrak to GSC and have never thought of taking it to CHI, it WOULD BE so much more simpler!" So, I think the next time his wife and him go to CHI, he's going to take the CZ.
Way to go, Al! You should run an advertising travel business. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back