Carolinian Business Class

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
Hey all, in a few months I'll be taking the Carolinian from Charlotte to Philadelphia. They're offering Business Class for a $25 upgrade. What sort of Business Class car do they use, and are they still offering complimentary non alcholic beverages?

I live in Salisbury and have done this trip a multitude of times to Philly, DC, and NYC.

If not for anything else do the upgrade simply for the extra leg room. The comp soft drink/water and newspaper are nice, and the fact that there are a lot less kids and families makes it worth it. The movies are nice too, when they show them.

Do it!

:D

PS...there is a complete change of train staff Northbound in Raleigh for some odd reason, and they ask you to show your train ticket stub and ID, again, even if you just boarded at the last stop or in Charlotte.

A real nuisance if you ask me.

<_<

The personnel change probably has something to do with the NCDOT contracts with Amtrak. My real question was whethere BC was in an Amfleet I corridor style, Amfleet II Palmetto style, or half of the cafe Vermonter style.

Typical consist of the 'Carolinian' is a P42, baggage car, an Amfleet II coach serving as the Business Class car, an Amcafe, and 3 Amfleet I coaches.

OK thanks for your help, I'm all set up for 80 out of Charlotte in Business Class.

I had to travel from Greensboro to Raleigh in March and while the train was actually a nice change from the Crescent, the scenery was AWFUL!!! It was like a glimpse of every run down trailer park and war torn backyard there was in NC. :blink: We were going to upgrade to Business, but the coach seating was actually nice, and my daughter didnt want to leave because she was chatting it up with a "cute boy". This train is actually decent. The scenery left ALOT to be desired though.

Well the scenery gets better north of Selma as I recall, and I'll be glad to be able to do the entire trip in Daylight.

And to dmw I've seen much much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back