Cardinal Vs Flooding in W. Va

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well 50(30) has gone into service disruption in WV now. It departed HUN just over 4 hours late, but it began to lose time in Indiana though, so it could be related to something else and busy freight lines. 51(1) is about to enter WV this afternoon so we'll see how it does. Hoping I can make my Empire Builder connection in about 10 days from now.
The only thing that we can do is to follow the progress on the track work and check the schedule every third day. Our Cardinal trip is not far behind your date so we are sweating it out as well. I would imagine that both track repair work and a logjam created by many idled freight trains during the flood are contributing factors to the delays. .

Well 50(30) has gone into service disruption in WV now. It departed HUN just over 4 hours late, but it began to lose time in Indiana though, so it could be related to something else and busy freight lines. 51(1) is about to enter WV this afternoon so we'll see how it does. Hoping I can make my Empire Builder connection in about 10 days from now.
This is a subject of considerable interest to me as well since we are taking the west bound Cardinal to connect with the Empire Builder. I was looking on the live map and I see that 51 seems to be pretty much on time heading to Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back