Car 0532 on Zephyr

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rms492

Service Attendant
Hello, next month, I'm taking the Zephyr westbound out of Chicago to the west coast. I got booked in car 0532. If this is correct, does this mean that my train will have 3 sleepers? Car 0530, 0531, and 0532. Either way, I am furthest from the dining car, is that correct? Incidently, I booked this ticket sometime back in March, and already a lot of bedrooms were sold out during October when I began looking for dates. Is something going on?

The trans-dorm sells out rooms and assumes the position as car 530, you will be the closest to the diner.

Hello, next month, I'm taking the Zephyr westbound out of Chicago to the west coast. I got booked in car 0532. If this is correct, does this mean that my train will have 3 sleepers? Car 0530, 0531, and 0532. Either way, I am furthest from the dining car, is that correct?
The 0531 line is adjacent to the diner, and the 0532 line is next to that. Line 0530 is the DEN sleeper (which probably will be gone by the time you travel), which is tacked on to the rear of the train, behind the coaches.

The trans-dorm sells out rooms and assumes the position as car 530, you will be the closest to the diner.
Umm...What?

I may be a bit slow to the party, but when we were on the CZ last month, there was a sleeper in the rear that was let off in Denver, while we continued on to EMY. For some reason, I thought that car was empty, but did it only have people that were going between CHI and DEN? I suppose that car is then added to the eastbound CZ with passengers only going between DEN and CHI?

Since we and others in our car (532, I thought, which meant we had to walk through another sleeper car to get to the dining car) were going beyond DEN, that must explain why we were assigned to the front sleepers as opposed to the one that got dropped off in DEN.

I may be a bit slow to the party, but when we were on the CZ last month, there was a sleeper in the rear that was let off in Denver, while we continued on to EMY. For some reason, I thought that car was empty, but did it only have people that were going between CHI and DEN? I suppose that car is then added to the eastbound CZ with passengers only going between DEN and CHI?

Since we and others in our car (532, I thought, which meant we had to walk through another sleeper car to get to the dining car) were going beyond DEN, that must explain why we were assigned to the front sleepers as opposed to the one that got dropped off in DEN.
You are correct sir! ;) Thats exactly how it works! One of our members, pennyk, just finished taking a traveler type trip through the country and she rode the CHI-DEN sleepr cause she got off/spent some time in DEN! :)

You are correct sir! ;) Thats exactly how it works! One of our members, pennyk, just finished taking a traveler type trip through the country and she rode the CHI-DEN sleepr cause she got off/spent some time in DEN! :)
:hi: Correct, I was in car 530 and I traveled from CHI to DEN. Surprisingly, the car was less than half full (no one was downstairs - including family room and H room), but it was a long walk to the diner (which did not bother me at all). When I got back on the CZ the next day, I was in car 531, which was next to the diner.

just finished taking a traveler type trip through the country
I resemble that!
tongue.gif

I was in car 0532 when I took the westbound CZ last December. Seems to me, I remember a sleeper in front of us and 2 sleepers behind us, but perhaps it wasn't a sleeper in front? Or maybe I'm mistaken in there being two sleepers behind us because I had to go past the coffee station and bedrooms in our sleeper before going through the next - the separation between the roomettes and bedrooms makes it almost feel like separate cars. Would they ever add a sleeper during December because of the holidays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back