Capitol Limited (meals?)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

happy2meetu

Train Attendant
My wife and I are travelling from Toledo to Washington DC next week, We know we will have breakfast on board. The train arrives in DC at 1:00PM. Will we have lunch? If the train is late will they then feed us? I am also confused whether or not there is a dining car or something else for meals. We are travelling in a bedroom.

Generally, lunch is not served. However, if the train is very late, I believe they will serve an abbreviated lunch.

The last time I was on the Capitol Limited, there was a dining car.

I've ridden the Capitol Limited several times in the past. The most recent was Sunday/Monday.

There is a combination Dining Car/Lounge car on the Capitol Limited. When you board in Toledo your sleeping car accommodations will be set up for sleeping. Breakfast is first come first served. Your car attendant can tell you when the diner opens. The Capitol Limited serves dinner and breakfast but no lunch. The cost of breakfast is included in your accommodations charge so you do not pay additional for breakfast. Getting on in Toledo will be too late for dinner. There are numerous lunch opportunities in the Washington Union Station.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like they may have eliminated the Express Lunch; the couple times I took the eastbound Cap, Sleeper pax were told we could sit again for a quick meal shortly before arriving WAS, but with the belly still full from breakfast, I never did. Plus as mentioned earlier, the offerings in Union Station are nothing short of endless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back