Can my dad book with his AGR points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunder Road

Service Attendant
Specifically, for a Cardinal run in December in a roomette.

I have a whopping 2,500, but he has around 24,000 or so. I'm not paying $180.00 (woof!) to formally transfer them though, that's just ridiculous.

So is there a way around this? Can we book it with both of us, then have just me show up or anything like that?

Your Dad can simply call up AGR and book the room in your name with his points. There is no need to have him listed on the reservation at all, and then no-show. And in fact, it's better for Amtrak if you don't do that. Amtrak still has to load meals for no-shows, food that could then go to waste. So it's far better for him to just book you into the roomette solo. There is no requirement that he must travel with you on an award reservation using his points.

Of course, all this assumes that he wants to be that nice. :lol:

Your Dad can simply call up AGR and book the room in your name with his points. There is no need to have him listed on the reservation at all, and then no-show. And in fact, it's better for Amtrak if you don't do that. Amtrak still has to load meals for no-shows, food that could then go to waste. So it's far better for him to just book you into the roomette solo. There is no requirement that he must travel with you on an award reservation using his points.

Of course, all this assumes that he wants to be that nice. :lol:
He's helping me save for a car so that I can start doing the 12-hour college trip myself. So yes he is, haha.

And thanks!

Back