Café Car question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are a couple of versions of the California Car cafes. The ones with the service upstairs and storage downstairs have a pretty nice feel. There might be some versions where you need to go downstairs. At least one of the cafe attendants on Capitol Corridor has told me that he hates the setup in the Superliners.
I'm not anywhere close to a regular rider out in California but what I've seen is the "California" cars, which I've seen on the San Joaquin trains have the food service upstairs and the upstairs is a lounge / cafe car feel.

The Pacific Surfliner Trainsets have a regular coach upstairs and the Cafe Counter is downstairs.

And then of course there are the San Joaquin Lower Level Sets with the former Commuter Cars and Horizon Cafe's.

On the EB, the restroom was open on the SSL's Lower Level.

I do remember the "bar" area open on the SSL's Upper Level, but am unsure of the dates. I realize why it is no longer used (requires another crew member), but carrying a cocktail up those stairs while the train is zipping along is no longer easy for this Amtrak traveler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back